NYC Meeting - 1/14/2013 - Parallel Processing, AppDomain Poshrunner, and PowerShell Theory - Oh My!
Join us at the NYC PowerShell User Group where we have three shorter, but exciting topics for the evening.
PowerShell Polya and What We Can Learn From Chess Grandmasters - Sunny Chakraborty
Sunny will walk us through some theoretical musings ranging from mathematical theory of problem solving to properly annotating your code like a chess grandmaster.
PoshRunner - Justin Dearing
Jusin will walk us through poshrunner, one of the only ways to execute PowerShell in your own AppDomain.
Parallel Processing in PowerShell - Tome Tanasovski
Tome, our founder and recently 3rd-time awarded PowerShell MVP will share his thoughts and techniques for speeding up scripts by executing tasks in parallel. Learn how, why, and when to use jobs, runspace pooling, .NET, multiple scripts, and grid techniques for making use of all of the processing power on a computer (or set of computers) in order to complete a job as quickly as possible.
- 6:00pm - 6:30pm - Catching up, pizza, cool user submitted topics, user group news, and lighting rounds
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm - PowerShell Polya and What We Can Learn From Chess Grandmasters - Sunny Chakraborty
- 7:00pm - 7:30pm - PoshRunner - Justin Dearing
- 7:30pm - 8:00pm - Tome Tanasovski - Parallel Processing with Windows PowerShell
- 8ish pm - Drinks at Teds (no drink sponsor)
The meeting will be held, as usual, at the Microsoft offices on 6th Ave:
1290 Avenue of the Americas, Sixth Floor New York, NY 10104
January 14th, 2013
We have prizes and giveaways as usual
You must register via eventbrite to attend