We will begin using the page on powershell.org for our User group information in the next few days.Once we get that page updated we will discontinue updates on this page, it will just have a static page with links to the page on powershell.org and for Meetup. We will continue to use the Meetup page for signing up to attend a meeting. Here is the link: http://www.meetup.com/Charlotte-PowerShell-Users-Group/
Hope you can join us on Thursday March 7th in Charlotte.
Thursday March 14th, at 6:30PM, Microsoft PowerShell MVP Joel Bennett will be speaking and sharing the diversity of the projects in the PowerShell community.
This meeting will be less formal than the usual slide-deck-and-demos presentation, and we're really hoping that you will participate by searching ahead of time for some interesting, fun, or just plain weird uses of PowerShell ... and bringing them to share.
This presentation will cover two methods for authoring modules and provide some examples of how to rewrite scripts into modules.
Join us on Thursday, March 7th for a “Winter Scripting Camp Wrap Up and Lessons Learned”.
Jim Hoisington is presenting: Using Winforms in .NET to Input Data to PowerShell
2/13 update - Aleksandar Nikolic will be joining us for some Q and A
The agenda will be as follows:
- Tips and Tricks for Hey Scripting Guy! - Bring your favorite tip or trick to share with the group. We will compile these during the meeting for Ed Wilson to use in an upcoming article about the tips and tricks of the NYC PowerShell User Group.
- Lightning Rounds - Some of our users will give quick 5 minute presentations about cool things they are working on or challenges they are encountering. These will be followed by 5 minutes of QA and discussion
- Unveiling of the Techstravaganza sessions!
- Q and A with PowerShell MVPs, Tome Tanasovski and Aleksandar Nikolic
- 6:00pm - 8ish - UG Meeting
- 8ish pm - Drinks at Ted's
You must RSVP via EventBrite to attend:
The meeting will be held, as usual, at the Microsoft offices on 6th Ave:
1290 Avenue of the Americas, Sixth Floor New York, NY 10104
We have the regular books and stuff to give away.
Let's try this Scripting Game again (and hope this time your host doesn't take ill)...
The focus of this game will be ... PowerShell drives, and the providers that love them. Specifically, you'll want to be familiar with the provider cmdlets, including such classics as:
and their ilk.
The meeting will be held in the MPR room in AP1.
Join us on Thursday, February 7th for a night of scripting with Jeff Hicks! Our topic will be “Getting Started with PowerShell Advanced Functions”
The February meeting of the Upstate NY PowerShell User Group in Rochester will be on February 7th (please note this is a change from the usual 2nd Thursday, as that would be Valentine's day). As usual we will meet at New Horizons in Rochester and will start at 6:30PM (with Pizza & networking at 6PM).
Our speaker this month is Warren Frame, a Systems Engineer from Rochester General who will walk us through some remoting features and API.